Saturday, April 30, 2005

Purring.

I'd lamented to my friend L online about my Mac OS X Tiger problems. While there's nothing more frustrating than to hear, "I didn't have any problems," he did me a solid by offering to lend me his Tiger install disk. He even met me halfway at a diner parking lot. Sounds tawdry, but it wasn't. It was more convenient for me because L lives in a very exclusive gated community in Brooklyn and you have to pass through some of the sketchier neighborhoods to get to it. Yeah, a chinese guy zipping around in a silver VW isn't conspicuous. I could always pretend I'm making deliveries and practice my engrish.

Long short, got the disk, re-installed and things are peachy.

I'm not so cavalier now though. I'm a little gun shy about installing Tiger on my laptop and am waiting on getting my Tiger disk replaced.