Monday, August 01, 2005

Fire Island Pines Party 2005 (Pt. 2 of 2)

Short and sweet.

The party looked great. As we approached from the beach, the laser lights were captured by the fog. It was dreamlike. Walking in, they created corridors of green haze.

But…

Opening DJ, Julian Marsh - WORST TIME EVER.

Exactly what I expected, exactly why I didn't want to go. I stood for the most part. Some people I met exclaimed, "The music is great." I held my tongue. Nearly bit it off. Not everyone's tastes is as discerning. The music had me severely agitated, horribly cheesy and routine. JN prodded me to dance with him. A word of advice JN, Don't.

I busied myself watching the cute boys, some dressed up as TV characters. The theme of the party was "The History of Television." Themed booths like Sex OUT of the City, Gaywatch and Desperate Housemates to name a few, lined one end of the party.

I was rapt with the cute latino boy with thick legs at the Gaywatch tent. He'd flash a his uncut penis. Impressive. I would have been more impressed if he'd gotten it hard.

Closing DJ, Tracy Young - Redemption of the Pines Party IMHO.
She played very well and was well received. Some circuit stuff, but mixed into an array of songs. Not just the anthems and the screaming diva vocals thankfully. The beach was hopping into 6:00AM when she played two encores and wrapped up.

Nicely played.

I headed back to the Grove, satisfied with the ending, but mixed as a whole.

I caught up with my sleep and grabbed some grub before heading home on the 2:55PM ferry.
We got home in one piece with stop and go traffic. It really isn't necessary to go 0-60 in stop and go traffic but that was Frank. He made me motion sick with the lerching and braking. I was amused with the fact that I think he made himself a little sick too without realizing it.

So ends the tale of my Pines Party 2005.
Again next year? Perhaps, but I think I'd like to be more involved with the party as a whole. We shall see.