Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Pollen Melancholy

I'm fairly certain I've blogged about this, but I'll blog about it again. It's my blog so, nyah.

Anyway…
…where was I? Oh yes.

While I love the change over of the seasons and the warming of the weather, the pollen has become too much for me to bear. Developing allergies is a recent malady for me. Aside from the "touch a cat, rub my eye, watch eye inflate", I don't recall any allergic reactions in my youth. Although, there was that time with these guys and they had pets and, well, I had to leave unsatisfied but they weren't. I was in the process of swelling up (not the good kind) and felt my throat was closing up (not for good reasons). Got home, popped a few Benadryls and slept the day away, waiting for my face to go from elephant man to me.

Anyway… the pollen… yes, the pollen. It's horrific this spring and it's wrecking havoc on my body. Getting up in the mornings is difficult and strenuous enough, but the stuffy sinuses, ugh.

My allergy is manifesting in the front of my head and in my eyes. It's causing me great confusion, making my eyes feel heavy, as if I'm tired and fatigued. My body responds by shutting down and trying to go with this feeling. This happening in the middle of the afternoon is very inconvenient. Trust me, nodding off at the desk is not cute.

Other times, it feels as if I'm on the verge of tears. My mind responds by putting itself in to a melancholy state to match this teary sensation, purposely making me feel sad. What the hell? It's like putting the cart before the horse. Maybe I'm going through PMS or something but this emotional yo-yo has got to stop.

I try to avoid taking much medication but I've been sneaking a lortadine here and there. Just have to be careful, sometimes they make me speedy especially when mixed with coffee or caffeinated sodas.

So if you see me and I look sad, chances are, I'm not. Say hi and smile, that'll usually shake my "funk."




Hmm… yeah.

That was a pretty lame post, no?

Admit it, it sucked and I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I did throw a sex story in without actually saying sex. There was crying, well, almost crying.

Funny?… no? okay.

It's work. It's been busy and stupid. Rather than expound on the stupidity, you should go read this. If you're in the business, you'll get it and it'll be hilarious.

Hmm… yeah. Terrible segue. I'll work on it.