Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Sticking it to the MTA


May 3rd, the expiration date of my 30-day Unlimited MetroCard.
It's served me well in the past 29 days. I'd eked out some more today.

Swipe #1
N, R - Brooklyn to Downtown Manhattan, City Hall -
Have to return L's OSX Tiger disk he so kindly lent me.

Swipe #2
R - Downtown, City Hall to 23rd Street
Time for the Gym.

Swipe #3
R - 23rd Street to 14th Street, Union Square Park
Want to stop at Circuit City before heading to work.

Swipe #4
6 - 14th Street to Bleecker Street
Shit, I'm late, but I need a cup of coffee.

Swipe #5 & #6 (Roundtrip)
6 - Bleecker to 23rd Street
Comfort Diner for lunch with some former co-workers/friends.
F - 23rd to Broadway-Lafayette

Swipe #7
D, N - Broadway-Lafayette to Brooklyn (Home)
Why the f*ck must the N train always run so damn slow at this time of night?!?!

Swipe #?
As I walked out of the subway system for the night, I swiped it through the reader (doesn't count) to check that my MetroCard did indeed expire tonight at midnight. I left it there for someone to find. Perhaps, it'll find a few more rides before the clock tolls 12.