Saturday, August 20, 2005

One Man Star Wars Trilogy

As one of my birthday gifts (the others were underwear which I love, adore and always appreciate, thank you very much), the BF took me to see "One Man Star Wars Trilogy," Tuesday evening.

HI-LAR-I-OUS.

One man, Charles Ross, acts out (in highly-abridged form) the three ORIGINAL Star Wars movies, back-to-back, in less than hour. He does all the characters, by himself, without the help of props and scenery. Just him in a dark jumpsuit and a stage with lighting effects. It was extremely funny.

Of course, it helps that you have seen the ORIGINAL Star Wars movies to really appreciate it. If not, then… um… you'd be lost and an idiot for buying tickets.

By no means is this Cliff Notes for Star Wars. Much closer to MadLibs. It's a total geekfest. As he acted out the scenes, I envisioned them in my head and laughed at his rendition of them. He also added in his own commentary like "Why didn't Chewbacca get a medal?"

In the end, he had a little audience heart-to-heart, in which he encouraged everyone to follow their dreams, even if it meant acting out scenes from movies you love on stage. It was sweet.

His show runs until Oct. 31 at the Lamb Theatre.

Anyone with me to see "One Man Lord of the Rings"?