Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A trying morning.

Things haven't been going my way. To start, I nearly cut my face off. Well, not in the HellRaiser, rip your skin off with meat hooks kind of way.

Pinhead: We'll tear your soul apart.
Me: eeep.

I awoke a little late. Looking in the mirror, I appeared scruffy above the lip. A shave was in order. Blade's dull, let's start with a fresh one. Lather up. First stroke. What the…? Oh. It's skin. I quickly shaved as the blood start to flow. I'd applied pressure for 15-20 minutes before the bleeding slowed. Some peroxide gave a nice sting while cleaning the wound, along with the razor burn. Ouch and ouch.

I would seriously consider never shaving again. However, I'd never be able to grow a full beard and join the bear culture. Just end up looking like Pai Mei.

You round eyes smell of meat!!

The morning continued to conspire against me as the trains were a terrible ordeal. My connecting D train didn't show up for 15-20 minutes as I stood, sweating, on an underground platform in Brooklyn. In hindsight, should have stayed on the N. The next N was packed. I took an R local. It was slow, but it was cool and empty. I watched the D fly by on the express track. DAMN! For second, I thought to change back for the D down at the next connecting station, but as we pulled in, there was a passed out passenger on the platform being tended to by police and paramedics. I took it as an omen and stayed on the local all the way into the city.

So my face bloodied, I was all sweaty, didn't make it to the gym and 20 minutes late for work. Great.

Usually when things go badly, everything goes badly and I should duck for cover. Against my better judgement I ran some errands, before heading to the office. I'd called ahead to let them know, "I'm late. (duh!) but in the neighborhood."

Hit the Apple store to pick up a few things, one iPod Photo for my friend B's birthday, his wife requested I get it and I'll be reimbursed, and… um… one for me. heh. She'd also said an iPod Shuffle, but I co-opted it as a gift that'll be one from the BF and I. The Mighty Mouse was in stock so I had to have one of those too. Add in 2 Applecare agreements, a dock and an ipod case, we have quite the spree this morning. I half expected to be knocked over and mugged as far as the morning was going.

Stopped into Best Buy. I'd overpaid on Fafner. It was unopened and I could get it cheaper elsewhere, so I returned it.

Still, my face injury has dampened my mood. I feel unsexy. I've cancelled drinks with RoboCub tonight. Going to go home, watch a movie, play some Zelda and spend some me time.