Sunday, November 27, 2005

Turkey, hold the booty shaking.

It's been a four day, long weekend. Usually it's a perfect opportunity to plan a few nights out clubbing and/or rabble-rousing. Nothing like New York City in general, especially on a holiday weekend such as Thanksgiving. I could party from day one till the last day. Interrupted momentarily by the requisite Thanksgiving dinner with the BFs family, I'd pretty much had the all this time to myself to do with as I pleased.

Getting loaded up on turkey, only to head out dancing, well, that isn't my idea of fun. If memory serves me, I haven't enjoyed clubbing during the Thanksgiving holiday. So rather than be disappointed, I shelved the idea. I couldn't muster up the desire to tromp around the dark innards of a club. I'd considered Danny Tenaglia and DJ Behrouz's Angels of Love party at Crobar, Friday night. After my last two experiences there, I'd had enough of Crobar, the lines, the general insanity which comes with a large club experience, the rudeness, No energy or the tolerance for it.

Some intial reports are, the party was a blast. Darn. While I'm content at having done nothing but relax, admittedly, I feel a wee bit guilty about NOT going. Yeah, I still have that sense that I'm missing out, but missing out on what? Sigh. I need this break to figure that out. Not ready to hang up my dancing shoes yet.

All this negativity has left me melancholy. Seriously, I need a slap upside the head. Thanksgiving, I'm supposed to think about the things I'm thankful for and I have plenty.

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."
- Fortune Cookie 2005