Friday, December 09, 2005

TGIF

To say that this week has been hectic, would be an understatement.

Work has been kicking my ass and really, really not conducive to blogging. Starting with a 20 hour work stint that I'd spent the rest of the week recouping from. I'd finally caught up on sleep last night. It should have been sooner. Wednesday night, after sleeping only an hour, I was wide awake. I'd had a disco nap without trying to. It sucked. The dance machine has been in hibernation and I didn't have the impetus to go anywhere.

I discovered today, that my insomnia was probably thanks to the bone-headed advice of a GNC sales person. "Try this recovery supplement. You can even take it before bed." I didn't think she'd be so off base, but taking the supplement before my workout today, I felt my body vibrate and my head spin. Everything was sparkly. Haven't felt that in a while.

Now, I'm well-rested and ready for the weekend.

Nothing big planned, meet up with AM for a belated birthday breakfast. In the week's confusion, I did forget to call her on her birthday. I think I'm in trouble.

Beside that, we've got a holiday party and we've got to see "Brokeback Mountain" or "The Chronicles of Narnia." The BF and I are excited about both but what to see first? I'll spare you any "Brokeback" commentary as it's already been done better than I could and it's been beaten to death in the blogosphere.