Thursday, December 01, 2005

Invites Away!!

This year was especially taxing, as it's the first year I've used photographs for the invite. Appropos I thought for the 10th holiday party, thing is, I only had digital photos for the past four years. That was all the source I had to work with. No fricking way was I going to dig into the photo boxes and scan photos. Honestly, a part of me would prefer NOT to probe into the past as there are people I'd like to leave there. Anyway, in total, I used 128 photos. The smallest image was three quarters of an inch wide by half inch tall. Some were one inch tall.

It was a fair amount of work. Still, I felt like I was cheating using photos. However, I was left with a conundrum. The photo card was meaningless for first time invitees, people I didn't have photos for, and useless as a holiday card for non-invitees. My solution was to create an alternate card.

Below is the end result of my second card.



Big ups to the USPS. I'd sent out invites at the beginning of the week and people within the NYC area, had received them by the next day. The second mailing received theirs yesterday. I've done a third mailing today, which covers nearly all the invitees with a few stragglers left to take care of and all the non-invitee holiday cards.

The RSVPs are rolling in. The initial responses are they love it!! I'm glad and relieved. Some of my closer friends have complained that they're aren't enough pictures of them. My sister-in-law called to say, "Why'd you have to use that picture!?!"

Sheesh. I knew this would happen, but it's pleasing to know that all my friends are pouring over the card looking for themselves.