Wednesday, January 25, 2006

ENOUGH!!! Warning Shot Across NBF's Bow

7:40 AM
As I ran back and forth through the apartment, gathering my things for the day, I peeked out the side window. Off the corner, I note a black Car, positive make ID, Camry.

Last two times I found seed strewn all over the ground, I recall this same car in the vicinity prior. Likely in my last fleeting encounter with NBF in a black sedan, I mis-identified the make as a Nissan Maxima.

7:55AM
Just before I walk down my steps, quick peek. Car's gone.

7:56AM
There's one pile of seed, freshly spilt upon the ground.

Uncharacteristic of NBF. Was either interrupted or nearly busted, surreptitious bastard.

You know this is wrong. Why do it?

The pieces are coming together.

This evening, I come home to find the sidewalk littered with birdseed. I bristled.
NBF didn't like being stopped, came back to finish.

I walk further to find the Camry parked right in front of my house.

"STOP FEEDING THE PIGEONS. (Yes, YOU!)" Second Draft - Final

This I placed on to the windshield. If I get NBF, great, if not, no harm done.
I'd softened it up from:

"STOP FEEDING THE PIGEONS. (YOUR ONLY WARNING.)" First Draft

It was too blunt. Subtlety works best. Hopefully the implied threat is understood.

After I'd placed the note under the wiper, I swept up the seed. There was a can full of store bought grade bird feed on the floor.

It took all my willpower not to liberally sprinkle the seed upon the car. I didn't want to risk harassing an innocent, although I'm sure I have NBF, dead to rights. And its raining, would've washed off anyway. I'd need something to help it stick like molasses or honey. Fun. I'll save that for the next volley/sortie if i have to escalate matters.