Thursday, January 19, 2006

Note to Self: Pace Yourself.

2006 is moving along at break neck speed. Still, a very young year, thus far, its been positive. Even better news, today I discovered its going to be my year. All dog people in the house give a big "WOOF." (Much respect to my Bear brethren I'm borrowing from.) The fact that it'll be the Chinese Year of the Dog made me very happy. I don't want to jinx it, so I'll leave it at that.

Careful now, as fast as I can go, I don't want to burn out.

I thought I'd recovered completely from Monday's activity, but it caught up to me last night, brutally. Everything caught up. My eyes were leadened and I was snoozing by 9:00PM. Simply unheard of.

I had one of those dreams bourne of sleeping too soon after eating. Trains. I always dream about trains. Standing beneath the L, I felt the whoosh and rumble of the overhead trains. A scuffle nearby, I approached. Words were blurted, startling me awake. I could analyze, but… the obvious translation is simple and telling enough that I don't want to dwell. Damn subconscious.

Yeah, the whole partying to the wee, late hours of the morning is rough. Yet oh so good. RoboCub and I have to call moratorium on discussions on how good a time we had for at least a week, after the fact. We're already looking forward to the next time. We incite each other far too easily. There's plenty happening this weekend, but we're not talking about. Are we?

The gym routine is out of whack. I'd been managing twice a day, morning and afternoon. Two workouts, too excessive? Not at all, me thinks. Cardio in the morning, treadmill or cross trainer, gets me going, heart pumping. Afternoon, hit the stacks. Wish I had a work out partner, then I could really ramp up the progress. Maybe I'll invest in a personal trainer.

Its all good but taxing. My body was getting used to it, waking early and going to sleep at my normal hour. Now the pattern is disrupted, I'm back to square one. Sigh. It'll take another few weeks to get back in the swing of things.

Why am I working out so hard? For me… and my adoring public. Hahahahahahahahahahaha… chortle… snort… whew… I kid… I kid. Just for me. Really. An investment in my body is one of the best things I could do. I hadn't resolved any of this, but I'd set it as a goal to get myself in better shape. I have the means, the time and know-how. Have to mete it with patience.

The Black Party is coming up you know. But we're not talking about that.