Friday, January 20, 2006

This Round to NBF.

This morning, two piles of birdseed sat 20 feet from the gate. It struck me as peculiar. NBF was slipping if he/she dumped only two meager piles for the mongrel pigeons.

I'd thwarted the last two feedings, sweeping the sidewalk. I cleaned up the seed, each time two, full dustpans worth. Dumping it into a garbage pail, I couldn't care less of the waste. As long as the food didn't find its way into the bellies of the winged rats, it wouldn't end up splattered upon nearby property.

Momentarily, I thought of sweeping up the two piles. However, as I examined more closely, more birdseed had been spread thinly and evenly across a 10 ft. sq. area. The two piles of seed marked only a perimeter.

Damn it. Was NBF aware of his/her previous thwarted attempts? making this time, harder to clean up?

Thoroughly annoyed but what could I to do? I was heading out to the gym and didn't have the time or motivation to clean up.

Reluctantly, I conceded this round to NBF.

Your "pets" will feed, for now.

I'm still at a loss to understand NBF's motivation to continue feeding the pigeons. Its obvious he/she does not wish to be caught… but that's not important now.

Solution: Eliminate the source. Out and expose the identity of NBF.

Time to assemble a hunting party.

Its apparent, he/she lives in the area. I don't have the time to stake out area and NBF is craftily, inconsistent.

I'll put out a flyer to all the homes and cars on my block, expressing my displeasure at the pigeons being feed. Nothing threatening. Perhaps, that'll reach the NBF and convince him/her to stop this fruitless venture.

If that doesn't work, we graduate to hi-tech. Maybe set up a webcam that'll capture the culprit in the act. I don't wish to go this route, but if it bears fruit with a photo of the culprit in the act, then it'll have been worth it.

For now, the flyers will do.

More news as I plan it.