Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hope and promise in a sea of black.

I'd spent much of the weekend, drinking and eating in celebration of the BF's birthday. The BF, himself, had taken an extended weekend from work to relax and enjoy himself. While he'd lined up a few things to do for himself on Saturday, Yankee game, hitting the bars, I had my brother's engagement, beach barbeque to attend. The rest of the time, I'd made sure to give the BF my undivided attention, forgoing dance parties and passing on the opportunity to meet up with Diego. (DRAT! More notice please.)

Aside from Saturday evening, where the BF took us to straight bar in Brooklyn, a few of his friends were "guest bartending," it was a quiet weekend with friends and family.

All of that was lost yesterday when he'd accompanied his father for a PET scan and the results weren't good. Sigh. Again, I'm left with empty words of encouragement. His father is tired from the operation and the previous round of chemo. It has taken a man, filled with vitality and verve, and whittled him down. If anyone has any advice on how to improve his strength and energy, I'd be eager to hear it. He doesn't want to do the chemo and I don't blame him, but his doctor's are urging him to do it. If we could make healthy again, perhaps he'd be of stronger mind to face it.

M, if you recall back in July I'd taken out dancing for her 40th birthday. She went into the hospital yesterday to have fibroids removed. As I understand, it is a fairly common surgery for women.

She'd gone in, in the morning and was in her own room when I saw her, surrounded by her GF and family members. I brought flowers and gave her a foot massage.

The procedure went well and the removed mass tested benign. This is great news and sets in motion a series of events which will, hopefully and ultimately lead to M getting pregnant in January… with me. No, I won't be sticking anything anywhere. I'll be putting my part into a cup. Its a big step. I'm essentially a child trapped a man's body, but I'm ready. It may be the something that has been missing from my life. I've still much to accomplish in my lifetime but I can start a legacy. I'm looking forward to meeting a mini-me, boy or girl. No expectations here. Of course, I'm hoping for a boy. As M puts it, if the baby is a girl, I'd be a big mush. I know me, I would be, although, my mother would be T-H-R-I-L-L-E-D. Regardless, the child will want for nothing as far as I'm concerned. M chose me because she knows I'd be loving, want to be a part of the child's life and be a father to him/her, which is important to M. Also because, I'm a handsome looker. Well, at least M says so. Let's hope I haven't left my best swimmers splattered somewhere.